The Perfect DIY Sweet Strawberry Owls With Crispy Nests
These strawberry owls are seriously so adorable! The Owl Strawberries with Philadelphia Cream Cheese on crispy nests made from coconut and Cocoa Rice Krispies will make a cute food for any party and a healthy summer snack for picky kids.
Materials you may need:
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese (in strawberry or blueberry flavor)
- brown sugar
- Starburst minis
- large Wilton candy eyes
- Cocoa Krispies
- mini marshmallows
- and butter
1. Hollow out the center of a strawberry. These owls need to be made the day of your party. The refrigerator will make the candy eyes and Starburst bleed.
2. Mix up your cream cheese with the brown sugar. Combine 4 oz of cream cheese (half an 8 oz container) with 1 Tbsp. brown sugar. Stir to combine.
3. Fill the hollowed out strawberries with your cream cheese mixture.
4. Use Wilton large candy eyes for the eyes and a Starburst mini, cut into quarters, for the nose. You can use the cream cheese to stick them on if you are serving them that day.
Krispy Bird Nests (makes 15 nests):
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1/2 package (2 cups) mini marshmallows
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup coconut
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies and coconut and stir until completely combined.
3. Use cooking spray to spray a cupcake pan.
4. Working quickly, take a small handful of mixture and press into cupcake tin, forming a cupped nest. Continue working until all 15 nests are created. Cool.
Avoid the cream cheese to ooze out of the bottom or stick to the nests, please dip the bottom in brown sugar.
More details@ Meaningfulmama
The post The Perfect DIY Sweet Strawberry Owls With Crispy Nests appeared first on The Perfect DIY.