The Perfect DIY Stylish Pouch From Old Leggings
Here are a really cool and interesting way to reuse your old leggings. Turn them into a stylish handy pouch or a lovely pencil case. You will enjoy doing this pouch.
What you will need:
– a pair of leggings (preferably with zipper like the ones in image, otherwise you will have to insert one);
– sewing thread and needle;
1. Take the leggings and cut off one side, giving some tolerance after the zip ends. The most leggings taper towards the end, so you will have to cut a straight line at the base to assure everything stays even.
2. Cut off another piece of the leggings and ensure it is at least 2 inches longer than your pouch zipper. Cut it open and cut out strips (strips of about 1 inch in width).
3. Pile three strips together, pin the top and begin to braid. Make as many braids as you need to fill up the sides of the pouch.
4. Stitch the braids down onto the material underneath. The important parts to stitch are the sides of each braid to hold them down, and the top and bottom of each braid row.
5. Do it again for the opposite part.
6. Close the zipper to about the halfway mark and flip the pouch inside out. Sew all around.
7. Cut off the surplus edges and your pouch is finished.
Photo credit: micheleng