The Perfect DIY Strawberry Margarita Jell-o Shots
How to make these amazing strawberry margarita Jell-O shots ? Strawberry margarita Jell-O shots inside a fresh strawberry will be the hit of your next party!
1 box Strawberry Jell-O
8 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
6 ounce Cointreau
Salt for garnish
1. Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
2. Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
3. Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
4.Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
5. Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
6. Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
7. Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
More @ bakersroyale