The Perfect DIY Pretty Paper PinWheel
Paper pinwheels are a fun classic project for any lazy summer day when it’s too hot to do much of anything else. Not only is the craft easy to make, it also adds a lovely design element to your child’s room , or decorate anywhere you want — and they’re inexpensive to boot.
What you will need:
Various pieces of paper
Push-pin or Pins
Pencils with erasers
1. Begin with a square of paper.
2. Fold your square, corner to corner, then unfold.
3. Make a pencil mark about 1/3 of the way from the center.
4. Cut along fold lines. Stop at your pencil mark.
5. Bring every other point to the center and stick a pin through all four points
6. The head of the pin forms the hub of the wheel.
7. Turn your pinwheel over – make sure the pin pokes through the exact center.
8. Roll the pin around in little circles to enlarge the hole a little. This guarantees your pinwheel will spin freely.