The Perfect DIY Mini Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes
These Mini raspberry swirl cheesecakes are as delicious as they are adorable. Being a cheesecake – They are a relatively quick and easy dessert to put together, and are super impressive. Everyone loves things served in cute individual portions! Thery are Perfect for any day or a small dinner party.
For the crust:
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
For the raspberry swirl:
6 oz. fresh raspberries
2 tbsp. sugar
For the filling:
1 lb (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
zest from 1/2 lemon
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together with a fork until well blended and all the dry ingredients are moistened. Press 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. (Use a small drinking glass to easily and evenly press the crumbs down) Bake until just set, 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
3. To make the raspberry puree, combine the raspberries and sugar in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, then pour through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds.
4. To make the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Blend in the sugar until smooth. Mix in the salt, vanilla, and zest. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. To assemble, spoon 3 tablespoons of the cheesecake batter over the crust in each cupcake liner. Dot a ½ teaspoon of the raspberry puree in a few dots over the cheesecake filling. Use a toothpick or a wooden skewer to lightly swirl and create a marbled effect.
6. Bake until the filling is set, about 22 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. (They will look quite puffed initially but will return to normal quickly.) Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Source: Adapted from Cupcakes by Martha Stewart