The Perfect DIY Great Rigatoni Pasta Pie
Can you even begin to believe what you’re looking at? Is it pasta? Is it a deep dish pizza pie? Is it a ” cake” ?It is packed with pasta, meaty tomato sauce, and cheese. A springform pan allows it to hold its shape. It takes only a few minutes to pack the rigatoni into the pan for this dish.
Ingredients(Serves 6) :
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ pound ground sirloin
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ an onion, finely diced
a pinch crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
1 pound rigatoni pasta
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 cups mozzarella, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground sirloin and diced onion and cook until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and season with salt and pepper then sauté for another minute. Add the can of tomatoes, crushing the tomatoes with your hands. Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook the pasta until it’s slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside. Lightly oil a 9-inch springform pan. Spread a thin layer of sauce of the bottom of the pan, then tightly pack the rigatoni in the pan, standing the pasta on its ends.
4. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle the top evenly with mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake approximately 30 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly. Top with fresh basil, if if desired. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
More: livelovepasta, tablespoon